Meditation is a huge part of physical, mental and spiritual well-being. According to Forbes, meditation helps reduce anxiety and depression, improves concetration and slows aging. On a spiritual level, meditation helps develop your self-awareness and oneness with all living things. So, why is it that we don't invest more time and energy in an area that benefits us in so many ways? Well, first, you need a place to start.
Create a meditation room in your home, or a quiet corner in your bedroom, where you can go and exhale all of the toxic and unwarranted energy that may disturb your peace. In this space, you'll learn to meditate on things that attract positive vibrations and encourage mental, physical and spiritual growth.
Here are some bare necessities to creating your own space for peace and reflection:
1. Something living. Living organisms represent the eart and nature is a powerful force in our lives that we should embrace. Medication is all about focusing on your breathing: plants, flowers, herbs and trees are great healers in nature and can represent different qualities that can support your personal development.
2. Crystals. Each type of crystal has its own unique talent and contributes to your healing intention. Gemstone colors, shapes, and textures all have special meanings. Healing crystals are great for meditation purposes. You can intuitively choose which crystals to use by noticing which stones you are attracted to.
3. Floor pillows. Lightly colored and cushioned, floor pillows are important for creating a comfortable environment that promotes good energy.
4. Candles or incents. Fire is also an element to honor when meditating. Lighting a candle or incense can send a spiritual message that you are honoring the Creator and intensify the spirit or your reason for your worship.
5. Bowls. Fresh water is needed to dispel bad energies and offer an element of purity to your space.
6. A tea table or small table. This wooden table establishes a foundation for your meditative journey.