The Interior Designer in me is always focused on the décor side of homes, whether it be in Architecture or the furniture and accessories in the home. I would definitely say I’m borderline obsessed.You can imagine when I got a phone call from my boss saying “Book a flight to Arizona for March 15th” I didn’t hesitate.I know that she knows i’m obsessed with anything interiors or home in general. When I finally had a chance to look at the email for the event I was attending I SCREAMED! I was going to have the opportunity to preview the Smart Home alongside Tiffany Brooks and the vendors at media day for you guys. Especially for HGTV, it honestly is still a dream come true.
I’ll admit, I didn’t know exactly what to expect but I decided to keep an open mind and take it all in. Did I mention Tiffany Brook’s one of The Top 20 African American designers and one of my design idols was the designer in this show home, I was all in!. I literally came home from our team retreat in Atlanta Tuesday morning (Since I missed my flight Monday night, rolls eyes). Actually went out and got a little work done, luckily it was Spring break so there was no class.I was in bed early and up in time for my 5AM flight!
I wouldn’t trade the lack of sleep for the experience. I mean who doesn’t love a beautifully decorated space? I didn’t expect to be so interested in the tech, but once I was there I was blown away by the amazing Tech features the home had to offer. Carley Knobloch a digital lifestyle expert, was the brains behind the strategically placed tech throughout the home. What makes it a Smart Home is the way that all of the “Smart” elements of the home were integrated into the décor seamlessly.
1. A personal favorite of mine that was featured throughout the home is from Legrand. Legrand is a company that creates power and lighting systems that promise to transform spaces in the home or work environment. Legrand both promises and delivers when it comes to creating a product that any customer can use in any space they choose. Throughout the Smart Home, the Radiant and Adorne collection were used to enhance the decorative and technical necessities specifically in the bathroom areas.
2. Equally as impressive, anyone of us would love to have in our home. It was a Samsung Family Hub Smart Fridge. Samsung’s Family Hub Smart Refrigerator is a fridge that connects to the Wi-Fi in your home. It’s equipped with a large screen with Pandora, a place for you to leave notes and your family’s schedule. Let just say the days of me “Being Mary Jane” and covering my fridge in sticky notes will soon be over!
3. Third on my list has to be the Kohler Numi toilet which is toilet is amazing in so many ways. one of them being each user can fine tune they’re on specific settings. Yes, settings on a toilet that senses you coming and lifts the toilet see for you! The Numi also offers music through Bluetooth or an SD card you can add your own playlist too. The best part of the Numi is undoubtedly the heated seats because I can’t imagine anything better than having a warm surface to welcome you in the middle of those freezing nights. This luxury was obviously reserved for the incredible master bath!
4. No Smart Home is complete without a “Tech Closet”, this is one element that continued to draw my attention in the home. Many of us get our TV’s installed and “hide the wires” but with a tech closet you can literally hide every cable and or audio box in the house. The closet is carefully tucked away in the neutral but lively home office.
5. Last but not least, my absolute favorite tech element in the home was The Dacor Discovery WineStation. Yes, WineStation people this is not a drill! I saw it, I touched it and yes it is real.I have been plotting on how I can incorporate it into my one bedroom since leaving Arizona. The WineStation is the first automated, temperature controlled preservation system. It can hold four bottles and each bottle can be set to its specific type and will remain fresh for up to 60 days.
If you’re impressed by these head over to the HGTV website to see what other amazing items are in the home. #myiconicihome and let us know which tech in the house is your favorite.