Blog tour NYC was one of the highlights of my Spring. May is such wonderful time to be in New York. This rings especially true if you are a design lover as I am. There is so much to see and do and so much excitement in the air. Veronika Miller, the founder of Modenus and the Blog tour experience, does a great job of scheduling her blog tours around great design happenings around the world. New York, was no exception. We attended trade shows like Wanted Design, went to a cocktail parties at the new DXV showroom and the MoMA, had dinner at some delicious restaurants, visited the New York Design Center and D and D Building, and inhaled all things interior design at ICFF. We were inspired by design legends at the 2014 Kips Bay Show house and enjoyed an intimate mixer with Scott Sander where he shared his take on new American style. There were high line walks and ancient salt baths, any and everything you could ask jammed into an action pack week.
I didn't know where to start, so I decided to start with an overview of my favorite design finds from the trip. I had 11, but since I already covered the art at the Citizen M, I decided to leave it off the list.
1. These Bespoke Global porcelain pendants were my favorite find of the entire trip. Can I just say that the textiles by Maki Yamamoto were a perfect pairing for the display. LOVE!
2. The OLEDs from Blackbody design. Attention grabbing-show stoppers! You have to see them in person.
3. Fashion-inspired tie backs at the ROMO showroom in the D and D building. What are your curtains wearing?
4. Detailing on the hand-carved furniture at the Christopher Guy showroom. Amazing!
5. I found myself caught up in the magic of this fabric and it's story. The Rubelli family created it for the La Scala Opera house. It is woven with real gold and can be viewed at the Donghia Showroom at the D and D building.
6. Artesano Iron Works had these doors at the entrance of their New York show room. Love!
7. The art in the space Scott Sander's designed was curated by his friend. I love this photograph of an African farmer. Again, Love!
8. This LED wallpaper by Meystyle was a strong contender for my #1 spot. It's so new and fresh. Can’t wait to see real life applications of the product. I know it will be beautiful.
9. There were so many light fixtures that I just loved at ICFF. In fact. I might do an entire post about all the great lighting finds from the show. This multi-colored chandelier by Lasvit was by far one of my favorites. Love!
10. Gucci Mannequins at Barney’s New York. I took this picture for the Modenus Talks which was about all things furniture and fashion. New York and the fashion, OMG, it was magical!